For the last few months I've been absorbed in work on a new book, but even so there has been a little time for other things. I particularly enjoyed writing an article on the connections I find between kayaking and writing, published in the summer issue of Poetry News. Other work includes:
- A catalogue essay for Blue Hours, an exhibition to mark the close of Lucy May Schofield's year-long residency with Visual Arts in Rural Communities in Northumberland National Park. (Republished online in The Double Negative; image above: Khosro Adibi.)
- A review of the Hokusai exhibition at the British Museum in RA Magazine.
- An interview with Scottish poet Macgillivray in Oxford Poetry magazine.
- An essay on my live lit project The Polar Tombola in The Blue Notebook: Journal of Artists' Books.
- Reviews of titles on book design by Carol Twombly and Jhumpa Lahiri in the Times Literary Supplement.
The highlight of the winter for me will be the Tove Jansson exhibition at Dulwich Picture Gallery, opening on 25 October. I'm delighted to see Jansson accorded this honour, and look forward to a new perspective on her work.